The Glebe Street Fair 2016 will be the launch of the first ever BOSS DJ COMPETITION.
Sydney’s finest DJs will battle it out for the champion title as the BOSS ‘Best of Sydney Small-bar DJ Champion 2016′.
There are also amazing prizes up for grabs including a residency at Different Drummer, give-aways and cash, cash, cash! $$$
The Glebe Street Fair attracts over 70,000 people every year, and www.glebe.com.au is joining forces with the Different Drummer to bring in the sounds of Sydney summer.
The competition will feature at the Block Party on the main stage of Glebe Street Fair, alonside the likes of Coda Conduct, the Strides and the Inner West Disco Reggae Machine.
For more info on the competition and fair head over to:
Sunday 20 November 2016
The Block Party Main Stage on St John’s Road – Next Door to the Different Drummer, Glebe.
Register for your chance to compete on the day.
Terms, Conditions & Rules of Entry
1. Entry forms must be lodged by the due date of 18th November to the satisfaction of the competition organiser. It must include Name, Alias, address, contact details; Bio including any residency and genre/style if necessary; high resolution profile photo. PLEASE NOTE: Organisers reserve the right to close applications once submissions reach 20 applicants. Entry Form attached.
2. To be eligible, the entrant must be a resident of Sydney and have DJed or held a residency in one of Sydney’s small bars or clubs. PLEASE NOTE: ID maybe required to confirm address.
3. The DJ may enter the competition only once. If the DJ is found to have entered the competition more than once, the DJ will be disqualified.
4. DJs who have signed a contract with a major record company and receive financial assistance are ineligible to enter this competition.
5. DJ acts are defined as acts comprising of DJs only, and may not incorporate live equipment, etc.
6. Judging shall comprise some of the following – technical ability, music selection, creativity, presence, audience awareness, etc. PLEASE NOTE: You will be marked LOWER if you exceed the allotted time.
Judges decisions are final and no correspondence, discussion, debate or abuse will be entered into.
7. 1st Prize is a combination of cash, merchandise and vouchers to the value of $600, 2nd Prize is a combination of cash, merchandise and vouchers to the value of $300, 3rd Prize is a combination of cash, merchandise and vouchers to the value of $150.
All prizes will presented or made out to the name printed on the entry form.
8. The time in which the DJ must perform will be by random selection. Only in extraordinary circumstances will an act be allowed to perform in a time other than originally allocated. If unable to confirm participation at the time allocated, then the position may be forfeited and given to another entrant on the day.
9. Entrants acknowledge that set times should be kept to a maximum of 5 minutes for the first two rounds and 7 minutes for the final rounds.
10. The competing DJ acknowledges that they enter this competition in good faith and that the organisers cannot be held responsible for any technical problems that may occur although they will endeavour to ensure the highest standards are adhered to at all times.
11. Prizes will be presented to first, second and third place at the end of the competition. Absentees forfeit the right to receiving the award on a later date.
12. While all care shall be taken in the running of this competition no liability whatsoever shall be accepted for any damage or loss arising as a consequence of this competition.
13. Entry into this competition means acceptance of all terms and conditions herein.
14. Administrative arrangements outlined here may be subject to changes deemed necessary for the smoother running of the competition. No claims shall be recognised in respect to changes to these arrangements.
This entry was posted on Monday, October 24th, 2016 at 5:54 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Tags: best bar in sydney, best bars in sydney, breaks, fun venues in sydney, funk, good music, great music bars in sydney, hip-hop, Live music, Live music in Sydney, soul, Sydney Live Music, top 10 bars in sydney, where can I hear live music in sydney
Posted in: NEWS